Ok this my friends is my tried and true corned beef recipe. St Patricks Day is coming and we need to get ready for it! Am I right? This method turns out tender and juicy corned beef every time! It never dissapoints. I prefer to use a point cut because it is more marbled with fat and in turn has more flavor. It you are interested in a beautiful slice choose a flat cut. It will still be very good. Its mostly about preference here. Instead of adding a recipe card this time, I will just have a little how to. Its too easy for a full on recipe format. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out in the comments below the post. You will need a
corned beef big enough for your crowd, which is approx 1/2 a pound per person.
2 onions quarted
extra pickling spice (found in the spices section of the grocery store and can sometimes be found with the canning supplies)
1. Add the quartered onions to the bottom of your slow cooker
2. Place the corned beef on top of them so the roast isnt resting on the bottom of the cooker
3. Sprinkle the spice pack that came with the roast with the additional pickling spice over the top of the roast until its sufficently covered.
4. Set the timer to low for 12 hours
5. After the 12 hours is up let it rest for about 10 minutes out of the pot and then
Slice and enjoy!
Post a Comment